Fulton County is the economic powerhouse of the Southeast, housing the City of Atlanta, thirteen additional municipalities with strong economies, and a growing unincorporated area. The County is the political and commercial capital of one of the fastest growing states in the U.S.
- Fulton County is home to the World’s Business Airport (passenger traffic), Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
- Atlanta ranks 3rd among cities with the highest concentration of Fortune 500 companies (Fortune)
- Atlanta ranks as the number 1 city to start a business (Nerdwallet)
- Atlanta is the 2nd best city for millennials (Money.com, September 15, 2015)
- Fulton County has a low cost of doing business
Fulton County’s diverse economy and extensive transportation network make it an ideal commercial and industrial location. Goods and people leaving Fulton County can reach 80% of the U.S. population in two hours. The local economy is dominated by six industries and has a growing film and digital industry. Innovators and creators are locating here due to the low cost of living, proximity to prominent universities, and the ability to successfully start and grow a business here.